Meet Our Physicians
A good, trusting relationship between the patient and doctor is crucial for a successful and safe delivery. That’s why Lake City OB/GYN has selected a team from a variety of backgrounds and experiences to work together to provide you with the compassionate, expert care you need.
Michael Cotter, MD
Dr. Cotter has been providing wonderful women’s health care in our region for more than 18 years. He says his favorite things about being a doctor are “surgery, delivering babies and being a part of the pregnancy and birth process with expectant couples.”
Dr. Cotter grew up in Gainesville (and, of course, is a diehard Gator fan) with an OB/GYN close by -- his father, Julian Cotter, MD, practiced in Gainesville for over 20 years.
Dr. Cotter’s wife, Shenary, is a family medicine physician. They have four children and attend Grace United Methodist Church, and they’re passionate in their support for a number of charities, including Arbor House, Compassion International, Heifer.org and Water.org. In fact, Dr. Cotter recently traveled to Guatemala to work as an OB/GYN for a week in a small hospital. On top of all this, he supports Michael Rudolph and his mission, Aid for Haiti.
In his free time, Dr. Cotter enjoys snowboarding, exercising at the gym, playing with his children and spending time with family. He also loves to read -- especially the authors Lee Child and David Baldacci.
- Undergraduate: B.S. Biology, B.A. Chemistry, Emory University
- Medical: University of Miami School of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville Residency OB/GYN 1990-94
- Residency: OB/GYN Shands, Jacksonville, Florida
- Medical focuses: Obstetrics, DaVinci robotic surgery, minimally invasive surgery, menopause management and management of urinary incontinence and pelvic prolapse
David Stewart, MD
Dr. Stewart says his favorite thing about being a doctor is developing long-term relationships with his patients. “OB/GYN is a happy field,” he says. “People are happy to come see a doctor they’ve seen over many years… and possibly throughout one or more pregnancies!”
Dr. Stewart has been practicing in Gainesville for nearly 25 years -- a testament to his high-quality, patient-centered care. Married to his wife, Lori, since 1992, they live on their farm in Alachua. Their oldest son, Chad, is an internal medicine physician, and their two daughters, Chloe and Carly, are in high school.
In his free time, Dr. Stewart and Lori enjoy riding their Harley, going out to dinner and spending time at the beach with family. Dr. Stewart also enjoys gardening and riding his tractor. They have Anatolian dogs, chickens, one horse and chinchillas.
Dr. Stewart was raised Jewish, an experience which he says taught him to “respect and appreciate everybody’s different relationships with God.”
- Residency: Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
- Associate Professor, University of Florida Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2002 to 2012
- Special Medical Focus: Essure procedure, Obstetrics, General gynecology
Ashley Walsh, MD
Dr. Walsh is committed to providing the highest medical care designed for each individual patient. As she puts it, “There’s nothing better than following a woman through her pregnancy and introducing her to her child.”
Dr. Walsh grew up in Clearwater, Florida and moved to Gainesville for medical school in 2005. Married to her high school sweetheart, Sean, the two have a four year old son, Michael. They love the small-town feel of Gainesville and the many friends they’ve made here. On the weekends, Dr. Walsh and her family enjoy swimming, walking their dogs and other outdoor activities.
- Medical School: University of Florida
- Residency: University of Florida, Shands
- Medical Focus: Obstetrics, minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
Juline Deen, MD
Dr. Deen values the opportunity to navigate the “medical complexity of women’s health” while establishing and maintaining wonderful relationships with her patients. She says she feels privileged to help guide women through major life events -- and always strives to provide quality, personalized care.
Dr. Deen grew up in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and moved to Gainesville in 2003 to complete her undergraduate education. A Gator at heart, she returned to Gainesville with her husband to complete their residency training. They’re now the proud parents of their young daughter, and are so excited to start their family here.
In her free time, Dr. Deen enjoys spending time with her family, going to the beach and attending Gator sporting events.
- Medical School: Florida State University College of Medicine, 2007-2011
- Residency: University of Florida / UF Health, 2011-2015
- Medical Focus: Obstetrics, General Gynecology